Examples of eBooks, eMagazines, and apps, with live examples demonstrated across various devices
Digital Publishing: eBooks, eMagazines, & AppsNoble Desktop (594 Broadway, Suite 1202, New York, NY 10012) Map it Free
eBook sales continue to rise rapidly, and the trend is only going to continue, with magazines and other publications quickly moving to the iPad and other tablets. Digital publishing is hot-hot-hot, and print designers should be learning about it NOW.
With a lot of different formats and a host of different target devices, there’s naturally some confusion. What are the different formats and what is each capable of? What are the differences between eBooks and eMagazines? What is the Adobe Digital Publishing Suite, and how can it help me? This seminar answers these questions, and more.
You’ll see examples of eBooks, eMagazines, and apps, with live examples demonstrated across various devices, so you can understand how they work on iPad, iPhone, Kindle, etc.
Here are some of the topics we’ll discuss, which are crucial to designers:
• What are the possibilities of eBooks, and how are they made?
• What are the possibilities of eMagazines, and how are they made?
• What is Adobe Digital Publishing Suite (DPS), and what can I achieve with it?
• What apps do I use to create eBooks and eMagazines, and are they easy to learn?
• When should a native iPad/iPhone app be used?
You'll come away with a clear understanding of what's possible, knowledgeable about the various media types and devices. You’ll be inspired to get started!