Code, caffeinate, innovate/
HacktiveCo-Merge (330 A Street, San Diego, CA) Map it Free
ACTIVE Network is challenging developers, designers, and entrepreneurs to innovate new ways of using technology to connect people with activities and make the world a healthier place; potentially saving the lives of thousands of people.
Traditionally an employee-only event, this year we’re making it open to the public. Along with U.S. based ACTIVE employees, we’re inviting U.S. based developers and designers of every skill level to get creative, hack and mashup ACTIVE APIs with other datasets, and compete for cash prizes.
Who: College students, professional designers, and developers born to code, fueled by caffeine, and driven to innovate.
What: “HACKTIVE” -- ACTIVE Network’s version of a traditional hackathon, designed to bring together developers, programmers and designers, to collaborate and build new software based on ACTIVE’s open data platform via APIs. Available ACTIVE Network APIs include: the Activity API, to build applications to distribute events and activities from the ACTIVE.com database; and Campground API, to build applications to promote and distribute campgrounds from the ReserveAmerica.com database.
When: Registration Opens: August 13
Registration Closes: September 20
Event: Saturday, September 21 – Sunday, September 22
330 A Street
San Diego, CA 92101
Why: · Create ways to connect people with activities and promote a healthy lifestyle
· Meet technology executives and network with like-minded individuals
· Win cash prizes: First Place - $5,000; Second Place - $1,000; Third Place - $500; Other prizes include MetaWatch Strata watches and Jawbone UP personal fitness devices
The 2013 HACKtive presiding judges include:
· Neil Mansilla Director of Developer Platform & Partnerships, Mashery
· Erik Suhonen Head of Yahoo! Developer Network, Yahoo!
· Jesse Givens Head of Product for CarePass, Aetna
· Jon Belmonte Interim CEO, ACTIVE Network