See five faschinating architecture studios in de LaB's Hyperion Avenue Open Studio Tour.
Did you know a one-mile swath of Hyperion Avenue in Silver Lake is home to some of the greatest architectural talent east of La Brea? Join de LaB on Saturday, October 19th for a self-directed tour of five fascinating architecture studios, all within walking distance of one another. Michael Maltzan Architecture: Founded in 1995, Michael Maltzan Architecture has designed some of Skid Row's most transformative projects, including two projects which have hosted de LaB events: New Carver Apartments and Inner City Arts. See the plans for the upcoming Sixth Street Viaduct and currently under-construction One Sante Fe. The tour is self-directed; tickets and a map will be issued via email. Afterwards, join the group for buy-your-own happy hour from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Warren Techentin Architecture (WTARCH): Headed by architect Warren Techentin, WTARCH is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary office that includes designs for single-family residences like this Los Feliz Residence or this house in the Pacific Palisades, plus multi-family housing, educational and institutional spaces.
MASS Architecture & Design: If you're a fan of Silverlake Wine, Intelligentsia Venice or Pasadena, or Pitfire Pizza, then you're already familiar with the work of MASS Architecture and its principal, Ana Henton (or maybe you joined us for her tour of a renovated USC fraternity house). We apologize that this studio is not ADA-accessible. Please be careful, the stairs are steep.
Lehrer Architects: Founded in 1985 by native Angeleno Michael Lehrer, the firm has worked on a number of community-based projects, including the recently opened Spring Street Park in downtown LA, the Annenberg Innovation Lab at USC, and the Burbank Media District Master Plan.
MAKE Architecture: A collaborative architecture and design firm founded by Jess Mullen-Carey and Bill Beautur in 2000, the studio's focus is broad and encompasses architecture, furniture, product and graphic design. Perhaps you joined us two years ago for a visit to Beer Belly in Koreatown designed by MAKE?
Please read our ticket policy for this event:
- Tickets for the tour cost $20 person, and must be purchased in advance.
- Space is limited and we will not accept payment for tickets on the day of the tour.
- We are pleased to offer Early Bird tickets for $15 per person until September 30
- The tour is self-directed and tickets and a map will be issued via email which you will need to print or show on your phone at each location.
- All ticket sales are final and no refunds will be given. All proceeds will go to support future de LaB programming, including our Making LA series.
- Children under 12 are not allowed, no exceptions, please.
- Some of the studios have steep stairs and are not wheelchair accessible, we apologize for this.