The Rev heats things up for Toubin's swinging soul party and dance off
in the cool air conditioned comfort of the Brooklyn Bowl panache booking & metropolis vintage present
NEW YORK NIGHT TRAIN SOUL CLAP & DANCE-OFF
the most popular soul 45 dance party in the world!
for two special sweaty Saturday night soul/gospel dance party sets by one of the best bands there is, Brooklyn legends REVEREND VINCE AND THE LOVE CHOIR (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rev-Vince-Anderson-and-his-Love-Choir/74494194069) and extra-special musical guest TBA! (8pm - 11pm) - only $5 cover!
all night long (12am - 4am) to the explosive 1960s soul 45s of DJ JONATHAN TOUBIN (http://www.newyorknighttrain.com/)
the 1AM DANCE-OFF with tunes selected by thee one and only ELEANOR FRIEDBERGER (http://www.eleanorfriedberger.com/ - fresh off her gig on last week's JIMMY FALLON show and her new critically acclaimed new MERGE RECORDS lp "PERSONAL RECORD")
- GRAND PRIZE: $100 CASH
- 2ND PRIZE: $75 METROPOLIS VINTAGE (http://metropolisvintageonline.com/)
- 3RD PRIZE: $25 AT OTHA'S COFFEE (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Othas-Coffee/339880346124985)
- 4TH PRIZE: copies of cartoonist/fine artiste AVI SPIVAK'S "KICKSVILLE CONFIDENTIAL" and "HUMAN BEING LAWNMOWER"
- determined by a distinguished panel of judges from the staff/management/ownership of williamsburg's best new coffeeshop OTHA'S COFFEE:
and the role of "bad cop" played by MIGHTY FINE/AFGHAN WIGS' STEVE MYERS...
$5 Espolon Tequila drinks! at every Soul Clap - all night long!
6:30pm doors, 8pm show, 12am dance party, 1am contes, 4am last record...
- $5 for the rock show - or before 11:30pm (tickets: http://www.brooklynbowl.com/event/326881-reverend-vince-anderson-love-brooklyn/)
- $7 for all night (or after 11:30 - tickets: http://www.brooklynbowl.com/event/300125-soul-clap-dance-off-dj-brooklyn/)