A food and book festival grows in Brooklyn thanks to the Asian-American Writer's Workshop
Asian-American Writer's Workshop (AAWW) is hosting a food and books festival in Brooklyn! The event line-up includes Pulitzer Prize and Tony award winners, avant-garde poets, intellectuals -- and delicious details!
Here are 10 reasons why it's going to be an amazing and fun event:
1. More than 40 writers, artists, activists, and performers reading across five spaces
2. Food vendors like Bombay Sandwich Co., Brooklyn Soda Works, Brooklyn Wok Shop, & Parantha Alley. Bubble tea!
3. Dumpling-making sessions
4. Make-a-poem booth
5. Screen-printing, butterfly-making workshops & migrant poster art
6. Tarot card readings by novelist Alexander Chee
7. A graphic novel workshop with X-Men writer Marjorie Liu
8. Live recordings by NPR's Latino USA
9. An after-party hosted by Ashok Kondabolu of Das Racist
10. And did we mention it's FREE?