- Venue Name
Sunday, August 25 1pm
- Ticket Price
- Ticket Information
- (TICKETS (General Admission) $20 – Half Day Pass A (from 2-6pm + afterparty) $25 – Half Day Pass B (from 6-10pm + afterparty) $35 – Festival Pass (all day + afterparty) **Save $5 on any ticket if you purchase if before Aug 8th (add $5 if purchased at door) VIP TICKETS (per person / add-on to ticket / Limited Availability) Guarantees a reserved seat at a VIP table on balcony overlooking main performances... best seats in the house! $50 – Full day reserved VIP seating $25 – Half day reserved VIP seating)
- Add to Google Calendar
- Add to Google Calendar
Join us for the 1st annual NEW YORK HOT JAZZ FESTIVAL, the first of its kind in NYC! Celebrating traditional jazz with rising stars and established bands - The Festival will showcase the best talent of the Hot Jazz Renaissance sweeping the country.
Hosted by BRIA SKONBERG and featuring live music by:
• THE HOT SARDINES
• BRIA SKONBERG'S HOTTER THAN SEXTET
• PETER AND WILL ANDERSON QUINTET
• GHOST TRAIN ORCHESTRA
• THE GRAND ST STOMPERS
• AVALON JAZZ BAND
• MONA'S HOT FOUR
• MANHATTAN SOCIETY ORCHESTRA
Plus the NYHJF after-party, featuring:
• Festival Jam Session
• Dance Party with HAIMANA GYPSY BAND
with gogo, burlesque, and more!
Antique Gramophone DJ MICHAEL CUMMELLA will present
The Crank-up Experience, spinning hot-jazz on vintage Phonographs in between the sets, as well as, The Red Light Phonograph tableau!
Presented at Mehanata on Lower East Side, the music will span the entire breadth and scope of early jazz, from the beginnings in Storyville (the legendary red light district of old New Orleans), through the music's glorious migration to Chicago and then to Harlem - up through the Roaring '20s and the Prohibition, and into the beginning of the Swing era. The festival will conclude with an after-party: a bilevel celebration featuring HAIMANA GYPSY BAND and a Festival Jam session.
SCHEDULE (subject to change)
Doors open at 1:00pm
2:00 pm - Mona's Hot Four
3:00 pm - Peter and Will Anderson Quintet
4:00 pm - The Grand Street Stompers
5:00 pm - Avalon Jazz Band
6:00 pm - Ghost Train Orchestra
7:00 pm - Manhattan Society Orchestra
8:00 pm - Bria Skonberg's Hotter Than Sextet
9:00 pm - The Hot Sardines
10:30 pm - late Festival Jam Session (main floor)
10:30pm - 12:30 pm Dance Party with HAIMANA GYPSY BAND (lower level)
Patrick Soluri (Prohibition Productions / The Salon), Bria Skonberg, and Michael Katsobashvili.
8 top Hot Jazz bands for 8 hours. Afterparty blowout with more bands, acts and burlesque to follow!